Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Down 2 pounds already! Yay!

What I ate today:
  1. Gluten-free cinnamon sugar donut and a banana, 289 calories. I wish these donuts weren't so small! But I ate light this morning for a change. I don't know the proper microwave/toaster oven combination though.
  2. Pre-workout smoothie with skim milk, 164 calories. I hate Greek Yogurt by itself (and plain yogurt, for that matter), but this smoothie is alright. It's small, both in calories and in size, so if it helps my workouts, so be it!
  3. Post-workout smoothie with Almond Milk, 299 calories.
  4. Newman's Own Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, 180 calories. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were my prior weakness. Nutritionally, oddly, they aren't that different: 30 less calories, 7g less sugar, and the biggest difference is 140mg less sodium. Sodium is a killer, and I'll take every calorie I can get. I actually found these really, really delicious. Better than Reese's, even - they're less "greasy". So when I stop at Health Hut for more Chia Seeds, I'll be getting some of these as well. Sweet tooth satisfied with organic chocolate. 
  5. Tuna and cheese wrap with chia seeds, 368 calories. I'm beginning to really like these. It's just too bad my tortillas are so small. Dumb Piggly Wiggly for being out of like, all of the medium sized ones with 110 calories! So I'm forced to eat a lot of the tuna plain, and only put a small amount of the tuna into the actual wrap. Tuna is starting to grow on me, particularly because of its super high protein content. Will be looking for creative tuna recipes.
Total: 1,419 calories

Nutritional Goals:
Met: Calories, carbs, protein, fat, sodium, and fiber!
Not met: Water

What I did today:

  • Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns & Thighs, 250 calories burned. Today I did Level 1 for the second time... but it was over the summer so I consider myself starting over. It was a killer!! I could do all of the moves, but I stopped 1 or 2 short of when she stopped. Those planks are killer though... I need to strengthen my upper body bigtime.
  • Bedtime Yoga, 15 calories burned. It wasn't for burning calories, it's to hopefully help me sleep! My mom linked me to this from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment